Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Home Study

Our home study will not be this week. Something wrong with my FBI check, it didn't come in yet. That doesn't mean I have a record or anything. So nothing is scheduled for sure at this point, it gave us some time to breathe to get the rest of the house ready. Our friends did the bulk of the work, but we did some more shopping (cha-ching) and I need to get the three upstairs bedrooms in better shape. So anyhoo, I will post again when we know more.

Once the home study is complete, it takes about 2 weeks for the report to be written. When that is done, if CPS accepts, then there are 4-6 weeks of paperwork processing. Then we get to go to a meeting and get the manual with all the rules and regulations. At long last, we will be an available family for foster kids. And we wait some more, this time for the kiddos.

1 comment:

Eric and Lar Holquin said...

oh goodness friend!! you know your bad past is just now coming out to us all-haha!!:) just kidding..love you!! thanks for the update:)