As a parent you know to be careful what you say, and try to make your speech something to emulate. Not grammatically of course, but in the sense that you would not be embarrassed for a child to repeat something you have said. As a human, inevitably things happen. While I have monitored my speech for the number of times I say OK, thanks to Izzy and the number of times I say No, thanks to Ethan - I still have work to do.
Wednesday, when I was finally able to pick them up, after getting my purse locked in my principals office only to be rescued by Becky and then to find a janitor who can understand me and tell me they had a key all along - I had my daughter enlighten me once again.
On the way home
We need to stop by the store to get some medicine before we go home.
K, Mommy - why?
Because Ethan has a fever
At Target
Izzy to the clerk - We have to get medicine for Ethan
Clerk - I'm sorry he's sick
Izzy - cause he went to Walmart
Me - excuse me
Izzy - you go to Walmart you get sick - it's nasty
Well, at least we weren't in Walmart when she said it
Sunday, September 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment