Monday, July 27, 2009

Bathroom Horrors

We have been working on potty training the last few weeks, Izzy is doing awesome, as long as I keep track of time. Ethan, well he likes to pretend, and we are letting him, what can it hurt, right???? So things had been going really well, until this morning, we had several accidents as Izzy refused to use the upstairs restroom which is where we spend the majority of the time (upstairs, not in the restroom, although the timer is set for 15 minutes, so we might. I was frustrated beyond words, why now, what had changed? Well I talked and talked and everytime, she would not tell me. I had the intense desire to put on a diaper, but I knew I shouldn't and so I dealt. This afternoon, during the annoyingly short nap time, I was cleaning upstairs (I know that is shocking that I spend my free time cleaning) when a very creepy male voice was heard in the hallway. There was nothing to do, that noise was between me and the kids. I took all my kickboxing training (from 11 years ago) and went to investigate. There are times like these that I wish I was not so picky about having guns in the house, but really it would probably just be taken away to be pointed back at me. I discovered the noise was coming from the restroom. As I entered I discovered it was coming from behind the closed shower curtain. The creepy male voice was singing, something familiar. And then I could make out the words, Sail and Float. Ethan's little people bath tub boat had become possessed of a dying battery. When Izzy woke, I took her in the bathroom and showed her the boat, when she heard it she looked right at me and said "Dude, that's not nice".

1 comment:

Eric and Lar Holquin said...

that is freakin' hilarious. i totally would've been freaking out!! haha!! i love it:)